Monday, April 9, 2012

A Gothy Gradutation

Greetings babybats,

Recently most of my time has been devoted to making preparations for my high school graduation. In August I will be going to Columbus Ohio for the celebration and as a girl I can't help but wonder.... What to wear... and as a goth I can't help but wonder.... How to make it devilishly dark....

However I am presented with some restrictions... or rather guidelines for myself. In normal society in America it is a custom for girls to dress like beautiful plastic flowers... This is obviously not my style so I intend to represent myself in what makes me happy. But this is the first time most of my friends, family members, and teachers will see me in anything so "rebellious". Not that I care about that TOO much, but I don't want to send all the children running away in fear. I would rather easy people into my goth look step by step.

Hopefully anyone reading will lend their ideas and those of you other babygoths trying to prepare for a classy event will have some inspiration.

So anyway, here is what I'm thinking....


This dress is a cross between Victorian and Lolita. I think its just charming! Says professional, and sophisticated. :D The style is not too dramatic for a graduation and at the same time it is not some sort of flowery mess that my mother probably expects me to show up in... oh won't she be surprised...



Despite the unfortunate background on this picture that is burning my eyes- This is a Lolita style dress. I like this one a little less then the one above but it has that baby doll high collar that I like but I'm not sure I have the waist for something like this. I might have to do an uncommon thing among goths and actually wear a corset under the outfit. I know, how dare I, the goth police will be at my door any second....


This is a black prom dress, its not goth but I was thinking a well placed jacket and headdress (when I'm not wearing the cap that goes to the gown) could totally change the look into something amazing.

 And last but not least, makeup!

It didn't take long to find something good. Here if my favorite that I found. I have done a similar look to this before but no where near this magnitude.



By the way, you should check out chienkiri's Channel
she has a lot of other looks that you might like.

And that's all for now younglings, until next time....


2 comments:

  1. If you like the "baby doll high collar on the second dress I suggest getting a white blouse with that kind of collar and wearing it under a dress like the first one. And if you can't get a dress like the first one try getting an under bust bodice or under bust corset with sleeves and wear it with a long skirt. It will look like that dress but will be two cheaper parts that can be worn with other things separately on more casual occasions. Oh and wearing a corset under your clothes isn't that taboo. Victorian Goths do it. I mean true Victorian Goths who care about historical accuracy. Many people tend to forget about them since there are so many Neo Victorian and Romantic goths to get them confused with. for makeup I would try going for something a little simpler mostly cause at graduations you get up on a stage or platform of some sort in front of people and from a distance elaborate makeup can look like a weird smudge or blob. I hope that helps. and CONGRATS on the Graduating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That helps me a lot! Thank you so much! I am going to try that look out. And also I didn't think about going up on stage, that's something to consider. Perhaps I should go for something less elaborate... And Thanks also for the congratulations! On another side note, I have been looking at the Victorian goths that go for historic accuracy and that is something that I would love to wear maybe eventually for a while, just not all the time. Plus it seems like traditional is waaay out of my budget range at the moment, which is why I appreciate affordable suggestions!

      Delete